Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pixar and Star Wars Weekend

This past weekend was Pixar's 25th anniversary so there was a special event at Epcot to represent all of the pixar movies. I was asked to hang out with my new friend Emile from Ratatouie, but we were only friends for this one weekend. He was so so cute and fat and I really loved the change, and to get to hang out with him!

Star Wars weekend starts this Friday May 20th for continuous weekends throughout June. The premier of the new star tours ride is this Friday and rumor has it that George Lucas is coming to open the ride, and reveal himself because he'll be in disguise as a Storm Trooper. The new star tours ride was redone to have 56 different variation endings, with different characters and journeys. The ride is a 4D simulation and it was actually awesome. A real star wars fan would appreciate it much more than I do... but nonetheless it was still a really cool new ride.

BIG NEWS BIG NEWS!!!!!!! I finnnnnally got training/rehearsal on my schedule for something called "Summer Music Enhancement." I have a 6 hour rehearsal next Monday and am absolutely ecstatic. I've been waiting anxiously each saturday for the schedules to come out since January and it finally showed up! I've asked the Magic Kingdom duty base and managers what Summer Music Enhancement is, but since it's a summer event taking place at Animal Kingdom no one knows many details about it. I've heard it's a DJ'd event with choreography and I'll be a "mover" dancing as myself (thank goddd with the summer heat). I'll post when I know more about it! For now, I'm too too excited :-)

Everyone who was here just for the Spring semester is leaving! It'll be interesting to have new college program interns training and starting their first few days on the program. It's crazy to think that the semester flew by so quickly and that my program originally was supposed to end this past Friday before they asked me to extend! I've met some awesome people since i've been down here and it has definitely been sad to say goodbye :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment