Friday, February 4, 2011

Welcome to the family

Hello All!

Unfortunately my posts will become less detailed because I'm getting more and more familiar with the disney secrets that of course cannot be revealed :-) But here's a quick update!

We had a class called Traditions on Wednesday at Disney University (yes this actually exists) which familiarized us with the company and its success. After learning all about the disney heritage and the disney way, and a surprise quick visit to the magic kingdom to explore we received our pins and are official disney cast members!

Thursday we finally got a chance to meet the others in entertainment in our "Welcome to Entertainment" class. Here we learned about all the aspects of Disney entertainment and what makes this company's performances stand out beyond the rest. After meeting all 14 people in the class it occurred to me that there are only 4 girls, (me being one of them) that are character performers in shows/parades out of the 250 that checked in on our arrival date! Of course at this point I'm so excited from all the entertainment lessons learned, and I just want to get out there and perform. We took another surprise trip to the magic kingdom to watch the "Dreams come true with Mickey" show right on Cinderella's castle stage! Of course this gave me the chills realizing I have the opportunity to be one of those dancers in the blue dress on stage once our training is over. The anticipation is killlllling me ahh. I STILL DONT KNOWWW

Today we had our first official training for 8 people in my field of work (can't really give the details... sry everyoneee) We have 3 more days of intense, very long and tiring days of training before we go out on our own into the parks! I have my first real day of work starting next Wednesday.

We haven't had a moment to go to the parks for fun yet, so we took advantage that we were out of our business clothes and had the opportunity to go to Epcot tonight. What's better than to go to the parks at 7pm on an empty night in 65 degree weather for freeeee?!

No comments:

Post a Comment