Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 1: Check In and Casting

Here I am!

After the LONG anticipation day one finally arrived. Being back on Disney Property was the most incredible feeling. While driving under the walt disney world sign - where dreams come true with a welcome from Mickey and Minnie, I could hardly stay put in the car as I was actually bouncing off the walls (sorry family).

We had dinner in Downtown Disney at a cuban restaurant called Bongos. Gloria Estefan owns the chain so of course it was equipped with get on your feet-type music. After dinner we explored Downtown Disney, shopped a bit and ran into a cast member in the college program selling merchandise on the street who just extended her trip until May from August because she loved it so much. Eeeeee at this point I cannot wait for the night to end so the first day of my dream can begin.

I woke up at 6:55am monday morning to wait in line to check into our apartment complexes. Knowing Disney, the process was very impressively systematic, with lines and stations. We got our apartment in Vista Way which is the most centrally located with 2500 people. Our apartment has 3 bedrooms, and 6 girls.



At this point I'm DYING of anticipation to learn what role we'll be playing because everything's been left a surprise until day 1. So we take a bus to Casting which again was perfectly organized and systematic. As soon as we walk in, we're standing in a rotunda and the cast members come up to us individually and give us a sticker with our work location and official role. Every role besides entertainment gets their work location and specific duties. Mine said ENTERTAINMENT MK Characters Show/Parades -M. No one could tell me what M stood for, as some of my friends had F. (minor freak out that they thought I was a male at first) Anyway, thrilled that I'm now working in Magic Kingdom in the shows and parades (exactly what I'd loveee to do), we carry on through the rest of the casting process. We take care of all of the employment forms, take photo IDs and find out our schedule for the next couple days.

Today, tuesday we have completely off. More target runs and apartment organizing! Wednesday is Traditions which is an orientation of the Disney company, and after experiencing Traditions we are official cast members (with all benefits boo yeaaaa)

Thursday hopefully I'll have more info on what I am actually going to be doing as we have our 8-5:30pm entertainment training in fur. That's all I know for now in addition to the fact that this is going to be the best 7 months of my lifee!

No comments:

Post a Comment